Ayabe Astronomical Observatory 'PAO'
This astronomical observatory was founded in 1995 and is located in Ayabe, north of Kyoto. It features a 95-cm reflecting telescope and a 150-inch large screen high-definition television. Here, you’ll find quite a few interesting exhibitions related to astronomy. Join their star watching every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from late evening until 21:30. If the weather is clear you can see many interesting stars during daytime hours.
- Opening Hours: Tue, Wed, Thu from 09:00 – 16:30 and Fri, Sat, Sun from 09:00 – 21:30, closed on Mondays
- Location: In Ayabe City (JR Sanin Main Line to Ayabe Station)
- Tel: +81 (0)77 342 8080
Coca-Cola Kyoto Factory
Coca Cola is one of the most recognized products in the world and a tour of the Kyoto Coca-Cola Factory can be an interesting one. The tour is free and occurs three times per day. Pre-booking only. Each tour lasts about 90 minutes.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:30, 13:00 and 15:00
- Location: About 10 min by bus from Kintetu Okubo
- Tel: +81 (0)77 443 5522
Suntory Kyoto Brewery
Beer is very popular in Japan and there must be more than 300 micro-breweries throughout the country. Suntory Beer is one of Japan’s major beers, available everywhere from bars to convenience stores and this Kyoto brewery offers free factory tours several times per day with English-speaking guides. Advance booking is a must and visitors not only observe the beer production but also to taste the freshly brewed product. Cheers!
- Opening Hours: Dec - Mar 10:00 – 15:00, Apr - Nov 10:00 – 15:30
- Location: Nagaokakyo City
- Tel: +81 (0)75 952 2020